strange make error 139

Carlos Ribeiro cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br
Wed Feb 19 06:24:33 EST 2003

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 20:46, anton wilson wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 17:27, anton wilson wrote:
> > I'm adding some code to the python interpreter loop in the part where it
> > checks things every x bytecodes. I add a function call to the following
> > function:

I'm not an expert on Python internals, but I'm aware that the part of code
that you are working with is known to push gcc to its limits (it's a too
long, too complex block of code, even for gcc). There was a thread about this
a few days ago; you should be able to find it using Google. As far as I can
remember, some of the Python-Dev members pointed out that changing a few
lines on this loop is enough to turn the optimizer crazy, changing a lot of
the generated code; and also that there was an attempt some time ago to
simplify it, but people gave up because of performance and complexity
reasons.

Carlos Ribeiro
cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br