PEP 308 vote type (was Re: Update to PEP308: if-then-else expression)

Andrew Koenig ark at research.att.com
Wed Feb 12 10:38:56 EST 2003

Laura> Max, are you telling me that if everybody voted 'their
Laura> favourite, one other, and do nothing', therefore making 'do
Laura> nothing' the top vote getter, you would be pleased with the
Laura> outcome, and consider it fair?

Laura> Me, I think you have just shot your side in the foot.

Yes, I think you're right.  The problem is that when there are
multiple proposals, a lot of people are going to prefer "no change" to
at least some of those proposals, and many of that people may mark "no
change".

On the other hand, unless there is a near-consensus on how to
proceed, perhaps that is the right outcome.  That is, after all,
what Guido said he was going to do anyway.

--
Andrew Koenig, ark at research.att.com, http://www.research.att.com/info/ark