Help a C++ coder see the light

Brandon Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Sun Feb 2 02:20:10 EST 2003

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> Brandon Van Every fed this fish to the penguins on Friday 31 January
> 2003 03:00 pm:
>

>> But I don't have to *write* the compiler typechecking.  I do have to
>> write
>> the tests.  Anal retentive as I am, I don't have time to write *all*
>> tests.
>>
>         Well, an even better reason to drop C++... and code it in Ada.

Sure... if I knew Ada, and if it was relevant to the commercial games
industry.  But it isn't.  C++ has the industrial weight behind it and that's
terribly important to my business and long-term goals.  I'd drop any
consideration of Python in a second if I thought it was likely to disappear
over the next 25 years.

The typecasting in C++ is strong enough for my purposes.  And everyone will
agree it's stronger than what Python offers.

20% of the world is real.