OT: Ultimate Language Syntax Cleanness Comparison

Jeremy Fincher tweedgeezer at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 10 10:35:27 EST 2003

holger krekel <pyth at devel.trillke.net> wrote in message news:<mailman.1044877956.27600.python-list at python.org>...
> If so can you send the snippet which parses *any* perl script?
> If your deduction above is true, then it should be easy.

You originally claimed, "All the methods involve evaluating/executing
it at the same time."  I showed you that Perl's abstract syntax tree
(which is constructed by the code generated from perly.y in addition
to some other arcane machinery) is absolutely different from the
bytecode (an example of which is shown in bytecode.pl), which is
actually executed.  For your statement to be true, the abstract syntax
tree itself would have to be executed or evaluated, and I've shown
that not to be the case.

I never said it *easy* to parse Perl code, only that it's done without
evaluating/executing the abstract syntax tree.

Jeremy