OT: Top Posting

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Fri Feb 7 17:28:08 EST 2003

<snip>

> ...but, well, in almost any case I'd use while loop, and what's _POOR_
> for me is top-posting on Usenet rather than using i=0;while ...:... :)

I've never quite understood why it's considered rude to top-post, especially
given that most people quote emails verbatim in their reply. I already read
that, and I want the new stuff - why scroll past the old stuff to get to the
new stuff? It does make sense to embed responses when you're responding to
something point by point, but that's not always the form of a reply.

I suspect that if people trimmed email responses, usenet/ml bytes would drop
drastically. I wonder what the spammie hit rate on ">" is? ;)

Dave LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA