Integrate a GUI in a excel sheed

Alexander Eisenhuth newsuser at stacom-software.de
Mon Feb 17 06:10:20 EST 2003

Hello everybody,

i'm at the beginning of a Excel - COM - python application, reading "Programming
      on Win32".

In that application I need a GUI, where the user does some (of course useful)
input to setup the application. In "the book" there are chapters, using VB-forms
as GUI elements, and fill them from the python side.

But I'm thingking of using the wxPython extension to write the GUI :). It would
be great if I can embedd my GUI somehow in a excel spreadsheed. So i'm thinking
of something like a widget container, but have at this moment no idea weather it
is possible or not.

So I want to ask weather somebody has ideas, known limitations, pitfalls,
experiences, code snips ...

I've to say that I'm no a VBA-experienced-..., so any help is very welcome.

Regards
Alexander