Can't See My COM Server in COM Browser

Syver Enstad syver-en+usenet at online.no
Thu Feb 13 11:09:27 EST 2003

johoffry at yahoo.com (Jeff Miller) writes:

> > I'm game.  Why do you want to do this?
>
> I am using a National Instruments product called TestStand. It
> supports calling automation servers but if it can't see the server in
> the type list it is a no go. I guess maybe the explanation is not that
>
> long after all :D

I am not sure if this is what you are asking for, but... It seems to
me that you are looking in the type library part of Ole View? No?

As you have not made a typelibrary and registered it with the system
(registry), it won't appear in ole view.

The easiest way to make a typelibrary for your python component, is to
make an ATL project in Visual C++. If you don't have Visual C++ you
can use the platform sdk, create your own IDL file and compile this
yourself with MIDL (Microsoft IDL compiler) to make a type library
(this is what happens behind the scenes with ATL and Visual C++
anyway).

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad