time Module Inconsistencies

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Feb 20 20:47:55 EST 2003

[Neal Norwitz]
> New in 2.3, thanks to Brett Cannon, Python implements it's own strptime.
> I can't remember if the C implementation is used by default or if the
> Python version is always used (assuming a C version exists).
>
> The API attempts to follow what is normal for most platforms.
> However, each platform has it's own quirks.

For that reason, 2.3a2 always uses Brett's version, which works the same way
across all platforms.  The code to call the platform C version is still
there but disabled.  If pre-release 2.3 testing doesn't turn up any killer
problems, I expect we'll delete the C code for 2.3 final.  I know that
Brett's version is sufficient for all uses of strptime made by Zope3, and,
by paycheck definition, that's all I care about <wink>.