Case sensitivity

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Mon Feb 24 14:35:28 EST 2003

sismex01 at hebmex.com schreef op maandag 24 februari om 20:09:15 +0000:
> [...]

I think forbidding this is step 3. Step 2 is raising a Warning when
doing this, and step 1 is having an option which enables raising
a Warning for this. Maybe prodding Pythonistas for the latter is
not as difficult as making Python case insensitive (which I wouldn't
want, either).

> I believed (past tense :-) that this thread was a loss of time
> --which it is in a way--, but this little gem made me change
> my mind.
>
> This might just be the solution which will give case-insensitivitists
> their due, while leaving case-sensitivitists their options.
>
> Any PEPpers?

I may have a a look at it.

yours,
Gerrit.