Best Python book(s) for a pre-teen?

Timo Rainio timo77 at gmx.net
Tue Feb 18 18:00:43 EST 2003

"Mike Silva" <snarflemike at yahoo.com> schrieb

> My son is 11 and wants to try programming, partly because it's what I
> do for a living.
Interesting - i had the very same idea (my son being 11 years, too).

Regarding graphics and GUI i played around with Jython - the Python

implementation in Java that provides for easy access to any Java

package. I combined this with the new Java SWT Windowing Toolkit that

delivers a native platform look & feel to Java and consequently Jython,

too.

Based on this i built a very simple Jython class that wraps SWT to

provide a minimalistic "GUI framework" for Jython/Python. - just the

right thing for a kid to be able to pop-up a window without too much

hassle.

Let me know if you are interested in this

--

Timo