project name going begging...

Tim Churches tchur at optushome.com.au
Sat Feb 8 16:47:38 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 02:46, Anthony Baxter wrote:

> >From the latest of Mark Morford's Morning Fix newsletter, this word
> of the day. I'm not sure _what_ project it would be suitable for, but
> what the hell, it might be useful for someone.
>

> pyknic \'pik-nik\ adjective [ISV, fr. Gk pyknos dense, stocky] (1925)
> Characterized by shortness of stature and broadness of girth:
> endomorphic
> pyknic - noun

In medicine (histopathology), the cells are sometimes described as
"pyknotic" or suffering from "pyknosis" if they are shrunken and dense.

There's also Pyongyang (actually, P'yongyang). That regime also has a
Dictator-for-Life, except their dictator is routinely erratic, and never
benign (millions of starving kids and blanket Stalinism is no joke).

Tim C