Python's 8-bit cleanness deprecated?

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Fri Feb 7 00:23:46 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

>Roman Suzi wrote:
>>
>> We discussed PEP-0263
>> ( http://python.org/peps/pep-0263.html )
>>
>> * Further discussion is probably not constructive, as Skip noticed.
>
>Indeed :-) Even less, since it is already implemented in Python 2.3.
>
>> Encoding-cookie is bitter, but probably necessary. I have no other
>> arguments.

Well, if encoding-cookie is here to stay, I have only one wish:

aaa.py:7: DeprecationWarning: Non-ASCII character '\xec', but no declared
encoding
  """

- please, add some more hint about encoding addition to the source.
URL of the PEP will do.

I still do not know what to do with user's of Python programs.
Do we need to urge them to become Python programmers ;-)

And one more point. The Style Guide need to be upgraded accordingly,
banning multiple encodings in the source and telling to add
"coding: " hint the recommended way.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
rnd at onego.ru =\= My AI powered by Linux RedHat 7.3