Web application development in Python?

Hans Nowak wurmy at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 4 14:40:19 EST 2003

A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:11:18 GMT,
> 	Hans Nowak <wurmy at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>(By the way, ASP had sessions; are there Python web app systems that provide a
>>similar mechanism?)
>

> Most will; Quixote does, for example
> (http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/quixote/doc/session-mgmt.html).
>
> Avoiding CGI on Windows may be a problem.  Graham Fawcett reported various
> Windows portability bugs that have been fixed in Quixote 0.6b2, but as far
> as I know the FastCGI module doesn't work.  You could try Apache and
> mod_python, or, if you're really brave and have a compiler, try compiling
> SCGI.

CGI on Windows is OK, I will be developing and testing on that OS.  But the app
itself will be deployed on a Linux server.  It's more that we want to avoid
using CGI on Linux.

Does Quixote work with CGI and IIS?

--
Hans (base64.decodestring('d3VybXlAZWFydGhsaW5rLm5ldA=='))
# decode for email address ;-)