tmda and python

DJ dr_jackson at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 2 03:07:56 EST 2003

Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> wrote in message news:<x7el6rzv4b.fsf at guru.mired.org>...
> dr_jackson at yahoo.com (DJ) writes:
>
> > Uncaught Python 2.2.1 Exception (Sat Feb  1 09:44:50 2003):
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/bin/tmda-filter", line 53, in ?
> >     execfile(os.path.join(execdir, 'tmda-rfilter'))
> >   File "/usr/bin/tmda-rfilter", line 72, in ?
> >     from TMDA import Version
> > ImportError: No module named TMDA
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/bin/tmda-filter", line 67, in ?
> >     from TMDA.Defaults import LOGFILE_DEBUG
> > ImportError: No module named TMDA.Defaults
> >

> > Still having the same prob, but am I pointing to python in the right
> > place? I'm not sure where else to direct tmda to python2, if that's
> > not it. Thanks to all for helping.
>
> TMDA is in the wrong place. It needs to be in
> .../lib/python2.2/site-packages/TMDA.
>
> How did you install TMDA?
>
> FWIW, tmda-users at tmda.net would be a better place for this problem.

I installed the tmda package in /usr/localtmda-0.68/ . I did this per:
  http://tmda.sourceforge.net/install.html . Is the  homepage
incorrect ? I have also posted to the tmda list. I wasn't sure if it
was a python or a tmda issue. I guess it's a little of both and a lot
of DJ ;-)

So far, I have upgrade all python packages and got it compiled
correctly. Now I am having an issue with tmda not sending a
verification message and all my test emails are sitting in the pending
folder. Qmail is good to with delivery sucsess in the logs. I see the
emails when I cat ~dj/.tmda/pending.  Unfortunatly (for me), , I am
qoing out of town for a few days, so I would like to thank all for
helping. I'll have to pick this up when I return weds. Thanks for your
help, Mike.