newbie webbrowser module question

Afanasiy abelikov72 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 4 10:05:52 EST 2003

On 04 Feb 2003 13:51:15 +0000, Tim Freeman <tim at mercury.nasoftware> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm having trouble with the command
>webbrowser.open(self.url, new=1, autoraise=0), where url is defined
>as a local html file.
>
>When this is executed, I get 2 mozilla's comming up, the correct
>url and my 'home' page.
>If there is a mozilla window open already, it works OK.
>
>When I set new=0, I get 1 mozilla window with my 'home' page.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Tim.

Sounds like a browser specific problem, webbrowsers is fine with IE5.

Since .open uses existing windows (vs .open_new), the code might be
starting a new Mozilla window (as desired) then trying to load the
html into it, but is instead creating even another browser with it.
It might be acting strangely on your machine because of some change
to Mozilla that no longer requires the old start then load code.
( Which would likely be how the IE-specific code works )