assigning to None vs. assigning to as

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Feb 28 07:47:06 EST 2003

Gerrit Holl <gerrit at nl.linux.org> writes:

> Is the reason for the SyntaxWarning raised when assigning to None that it
> may one day be a keywoard?

Yes.

> If so,
>     then shouldn't assigning to as have the same behaviour,

Maybe.  There was a bug on sf that went "as should be a proper
keyword".  It was recently closed "wontfix"/"can't be bothered".

I can't see how this is anything other than the tiniest of issues.

Cheers,
M.

--
  If I had wanted your website to make noise I would have licked
  my finger and rubbed it across the monitor.