PyCon talks and the availability of summaries for the rest of us

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri Feb 28 07:29:08 EST 2003

"Thomas Weholt" <2002 at weholt.org> wrote in message
news:n3I7a.32885$Rc7.463942 at news2.e.nsc.no...
> Just looked at the schedule for the talks at PyCon and it looks great.
Will
> there be summaries available afterwards detailed enough to be used as
> introduction or tutorials on the different subjects? I find "slides" from
> talks like these often to be just keywords, very few code examples and
> generally to thin in content to be very usable.
>
> A good summary based on this list of topics would provide a good overview
of
> cutting-edge technologies based on and/or available in Python.

Thomas:

Glad you like the look of the PyCon schedule. We are hoping to publish
web-based proceedings, and have asked all authors to provide copies of their
completed papers in HTML, with PDF as a secondary format. Obviously we'll
publish the slides as well if we are given them. Volunteers to help with
putting the proceedings together won't be turned away.

Everybody: don't forget that today (Friday Feb 28) is the last day you can
register for PyCon at the Early Bird price. See

    http://www.python.org/pycon/reg.html

regards
Register for PyCon now!