Running a Tkinter GUI in WIN98 without the useless DOS window?

Jack Crane jdcrane7 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 1 23:56:05 EST 2003

"vincent wehren" <v.wehren at home.nl> wrote in
news:b1hhm4$jdf$1 at news1.tilbu1.nb.home.nl:

>> Did you take a look at grepper.py at
>> http://answers.google.com/answers/main?cmd=threadview&id=121280 ?
>>
>> Jack Crane
>
> That's what I tested...
> No DOS window when you call grepper.py grepper.pyw..
> But now your telling me about a file called qs.pyw..?
> - vwe

Sorry. qs.pyw is exactly the same as grepper except that it "greps" a
different text file, qs.txt. And qs.pyw when executed through IDLE (not how
I want to use it), also opens with no DOS window, but leaves IDLE unusable
and uncloseable (hanging?). IOW it's behavior is exactly the same as
grepper.pyw.

Thanks for sticking with me. I love Python so far, but Tkinter is giving me
a lot of trouble. I've tried Tk with Tcl with no problems, but I really
don't want to abandon Python for creating GUIs.

Jack Crane