IDLE and Pythonwin Keep Crashing

KrayZee--J newsreply at jtwok.worldonline.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 14:15:12 EST 2003

I ran into a similar problem trying to run a PyOpenGL program from within
pythonwin, so I wrote this script which can be run from the Pythonwin tools
menu to execute programs in an external process.

Put the attached script in site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework and add
these commands to your Pythonwin options->tools menu:
    Run Externally:                        from pywin.framework import
runextern; runextern.run_c ()
    Run Externally (no console):    from pywin.framework import runextern;
runextern.run_w ()
    Debug in IDLE:                       from pywin.framework import
runextern; runextern.debug ()

John

<sismex01 at hebmex.com> wrote in message
> [...]

begin 666 runextern.py
M:6UP;W)T('-C<FEP='5T:6QS#0II;7!O<G0@<WES#0II;7!O<G0@;W,-"@T*
M4%E42$].(#T@<WES+G!R969I>" K("=<7'!Y=&AO;BYE>&4G#0I0651(3TY7
M(#T@<WES+G!R969I>" K("=<7'!Y=&AO;G<N97AE)PT*#0ID968@<G5N7V,@
M*"DZ#0H@(" @9FEL92 ]('-C<FEP='5T:6QS+D=E=$%C=&EV949I;&5.86UE
M("@I#0H@(" @;W,N<W!A=VYL("AO<RY07TY/5T%)5"P at 4%E42$].+"!0651(
M3TXL(&9I;&4I#0H-"F1E9B!R=6Y?=R H*3H-"B @("!F:6QE(#T@<V-R:7!T
M=71I;',N1V5T06-T:79E1FEL94YA;64@*"D-"B @("!O<RYS<&%W;FP@*&]S
M+E!?3D]704E4+"!0651(3TY7+"!0651(3TY7+"!F:6QE*0T*#0ID968 at 9&5B
M=6<@*"DZ#0H@(" @9FEL92 ]('-C<FEP='5T:6QS+D=E=$%C=&EV949I;&5.
M86UE("@I#0H@(" @;W,N<W!A=VYL("AO<RY07TY/5T%)5"P at 4%E42$].5RP@
M4%E42$].5RP@<WES+G!R969I>" K('(G7%1O;VQS7&ED;&5<:61L92YP>7<G
/+" G+60G+"!F:6QE*0T*