class derived from dict in eval

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 02:33:12 EST 2003

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 12:00 am, Mark McEahern wrote:
> [Alex Martelli]
>
> > [...]Interestingly enough, this question was basically
> > the first interesting one I asked when I started posting
> > on comp.lang.python, and as I recall nobody would give a
> > straight answer... I had to puzzle it out by myself from
> > hints hidden in the middle of harangues about why I should
> > NOT be doing this...;-).
>
> Alex, is this the post?
>

> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=014701bf57d2%24f9f69a20%24c02b2bc1%40m
>a rtelli
>
> Neato.

Yep, that one, though for some reason the thread is only partial, _without_
any mention of the obvious-in-retrospect co_names solution -- and it still
boggles my mind, even in retrospect, that Tim would focus on flaming my UI
design (by arguments that still strike me as specious and unfounded), while
even suggesting "obvious overkill" solutions such as Spark, rather than ever
deigning to mention co_names.

Alex