Why does Dynamic Typing really matter?!?

Jason Smith chastel_pelerin at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 6 19:54:58 EST 2003

Hi Alex

> but, it's not a deep and desperate need anyway (I do not know
> of any case where I'd suffer a BIG loss of productivity if it
> was impossible to change an object's type on the fly, _IF_
> the whole system uses signature-polymorphism as below).

"signature" polymorphism is the same as "explicit" bounded
quantification over types? i.e. haskell, forall a.b => a -> [String]
-> b  etc...instead of letting the static inferencing take over..?

[snip C++ Templates]

I was under the impression that C++ templates were nothing more then a
macro hack by the preprocessor, though I would love to hear
otherwise..? please fill me in...

Thanks heaps...
J.