float / double support in Python?

Alan Morgan amorgan at Xenon.Stanford.EDU
Fri Feb 7 12:45:04 EST 2003

In article <mSL0a.3883$1q2.396041 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
Brandon Van Every <vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com> wrote:

>It's confrontational because I got tired of hearing from people that I'm
>some boob for not bowing down to Almighty Python despite my 11 years of C++
>and 3D graphics experience.  I try to tell people there are problem domains
>other than what they're thinking of, and that it's possible to KISS in C++.
>Do they listen?  Nooooo, it's "you haven't done Python this, you're a troll
>that, you obviously whatever!"  Yadda yadda muck muck muck.

Actually it's probably more for remarks like "I see no primary purpose
for Python's existence other than as a glue language" which is like going
to a C++ newsgroup and saying "I see no reason for C++ to exist except
to remind people how superior Java is".

Alan
--
Defendit numerus