How to simulate VB/Access - Databasing.

Steven Taylor sataylor at runbox.com
Wed Feb 5 03:22:33 EST 2003

Hi all.

I only came across Python the other week and I can't believe that it's free.
I'm halfway through an on-line tutuorial to get familiar with the syntax.

I'm comfortable with Visual Basic and Access and have developed various
database applications using Jet as the back-end.   What I want to know is,
are there any tools available in which forms can be created and all (or at
least some) the usual controls (text box, combo etc) as well.

As a learning exercise I want to re-create a simple database application
(attempting to copy a VB/Access application) using Python.   Is this
achieveable?   I suppose I'm trying to fast-track the learning curve.

Steven Taylor
Melbourne, Australia.