PEP 308: Helping Aahz to set up the ballot.

Stephen Horne intentionally at blank.co.uk
Fri Feb 21 01:02:44 EST 2003

Just a quick suggestion.

In the earlier thread, an aweful lot of the bandwidth was in
rationales and sometimes tangential discussions. It is possible that a
good suggestion may not have been seconded because it was drowned out
in all the noise. That said, pretty much everyone must understand what
the issues are - at least to some degree.

Probably the best suggestions have already been captured in Eriks
list, but I suspect that we'll have people popping up for a while and
saying 'you missed my suggestion' unless we pre-empt it.

Therefore, may I suggest that we have a thread where all comers may
post there suggestions - once and with no explanations, rationale or
anything. Anyone may second also, but once any suggestion has clear
support leave it alone.

Finally, leave it to some small group of experienced pythoneers to
filter the list down (remove the impossible, impractical and bizarre)
ready for either a vote or passing on to the BDFL or whatever. I'm
sure there's a core to this group who is clearly qualified (and who
would recognise those who aren't), and who can at least agree on what
must be filtered out even if they can't agree on which should be the
final choice.