Case sensitivity

Carlos Ribeiro cribeiro at mail.inet.com.br
Sat Feb 22 06:09:59 EST 2003

On Saturday 22 February 2003 01:42, Terry Reedy wrote:
> "David Mertz" <mertz at gnosis.cx> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1045882570.32411.python-list at python.org...
>
> > I'm totally with Alex on this.  The way I remember names is
> > semi-auditory;
>
> Whereas I can hardly remember names until I see them written out (or
> possibly spelled out so I can visualize it)-- and I seem to find
> case-sensitivity less bothersome than you.  Perhaps there is a
> correlation.
>
> TJR

I think we will never really settle this discussion... People have different
ways to remember names; some recognize case naturally (by visual means), and
others may have trouble with it (using auditory means). In a sense, case
turns out to be important for 'visual' people.

In the end, it's hard for people in one side to understand the problem of the
other one. This leads to endless (and fruitless) discussion.

Now if we had colors in a programming language :-) Color blind users would not
be happy...

  <keywords must be green>
  <constants must be red>

Carlos Ribeiro