OK, another one on me - when installing on Linux, where did IDLE go?!

Zorba ghostagain at operamail.com
Wed Feb 12 11:34:46 EST 2003

Once again I am used to running Python under Windows, and know next to
nothing about my new toy, Linux.

I went ahead and did the 'make install' for Python, despite numerous
warnings that this .h & that .h were missing from my slick new SuSE
8.1 workstation - and a very cursory check reveals I can now run
Python from the shell - but where is my trusty old friend, Idle? There
is nothing in the install read-me that seems to address this, so I am
somewhat at a loss as to why the files (which exist in the tarball)
were not installed along with the rest of Python.

I hate to sound like an idiot, but I'm beginning to feel like one...