The 3D picture of Python

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Sat Feb 8 17:11:03 EST 2003

> Laura Creighton wrote:
> >
> > It is a trademark around here.  We are trying to produce an
> > envirornment where the shiest, most delicate novice will feel
> > comfortable asking questions, even questions that are _really_
> > _stupid_.  So we worry a lot about whether certain postings carry
> > with it the message 'only the
> > tough need post here'.  We want 'gentle' even though it is a hard,
> > often unattainable goal.
>
> Well, that's a noble goal.  Of course I got called a troll pretty early on,
> so clearly this goal has its limits on unmoderated Usenet.

yeah!  Of course, your 'in your face' style brings out the worst in
some people.  I suspect that this is not news for you. :-)  If you
refrained from having a public burning announcement every time somebody
made it to your kill file, things would be a little less tense around
here.  (Though not this week.  Got a syntax change for Python in the
works.  Tension runs high.)

Laura