PEP 308 vote type (was Re: Update to PEP308: if-then-else expression)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Feb 11 23:40:13 EST 2003

"Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)" <tdelaney at avaya.com> wrote in message

+0 on having a ternary at all (was -0, but found an option I liked);

That is not exactly an option.  The currently-used ternary,
conditional on the first option being non-null, is "test and opt1 or
opt 2".  To me, 100 uses in the standard library makes it
quasi-officially 'blessed'.  In any case, it is a straightforward
application of Python's syntax rules.  This is the status quo that a
no vote is voting for.

Terry J. Reedy