mod_python experiences

Tim Ottinger tottinge at indy.rr.com
Thu Feb 13 20:40:53 EST 2003

Steve Holden wrote:
> I'm interested in installing mod_python in two environments:
>
> 1. Wind2000/Apache2
> 2. Cygwin/Apache1.x
>
> Two questions:
>
> a) Are there preconfigured distros for either of these environments, and
> b) If you've used these combinations, do you have any comments?

I downloaded a few different mod_python binaries for winXP/2K and never
got any of them to work. I wasn't given project time to boost up the
speed of the app with mod_python, so I only tried in my dubious spare
time -- and only when I didn't have to uninstall and reinstall Apache.
A half-hearted attempt to be sure.