Boa constructor "Error on startup"

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt_NOSPAM at comcast.net
Thu Feb 13 18:05:51 EST 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:13:04 +0100, Brian Elmegaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to give Boa Constructor a try, so I installed v 0.2.0 on
> my win2000 running python 2.2.2 and wxpython 2.4.0.2.
>
> I get a message box entitled "Error on startup" with the message
> "Global name 'string' is not defined" when I try to run boa.py or
> boa.pyw.
>
> What should I do?
>
> tia,

Go to the sourceforge project site for boa-constructor and browse the bugs
database.  There are about half a dozen modules where all you need to do
is add

import string

near the top of each module.  It will then run like a champ!
Alternatively, you could get the latest sources from CVS, where it has
been fixed.