PEP 308: Pep Update

Gary Herron gherron at islandtraining.com
Thu Feb 13 17:58:10 EST 2003

On Thursday 13 February 2003 02:09 pm, Manuel Garcia wrote:

> My favorite was ?? ||.  Oh well...
>
> I hope that parentheses will be required, no matter what the syntax.
> I am a little worried about seeing deeply nested bunches of these
> things.  If parentheses were required, a text editor with matching
> brace highlighting could make understanding any deep nesting trivial.

Since I plan to use these expressions only when it makes my code
clearer and easier to read, I probably won't nest them.  In that case
I'd be unhappy having the parentheses forced on me.  I may *choose* to
use parentheses if it helps, and if I ever do nest them, I will
certainly use parentheses, but please lets not force them on
ourselves.

Gary Herron