PEP309 - built-in curry class (revisions)

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Feb 28 04:47:57 EST 2003

Peter Harris wrote:

> Maybe I got confused. I thought the notation (F o G)(x) in maths
> meant the result of applying F to x and then applying G to that.
> Am I just thinking of UNIX pipes or something?
>
> Somebody with more clue than me: please confirm one way or the other?

What's confusing you is the order varies.  Sometimes (f circle g) means
f(g(x)), sometimes it means g(f(x)) [where circle is the function
composition operator].  Which one it means is dependent on the
conventions used by the writer, so you need to check first.

/  \ Eppur, si muove!  (But still it moves!)
\__/ Galileo Galilei
    ZOE / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/zoe/
 A simple Python OpenGL rendering engine.