Python vs. C++ Builder - speed of development

Brandon Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Mon Feb 3 20:36:56 EST 2003

Andy Freeman wrote:
> "Brandon Van Every" <vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com> wrote in message
> news:<eKn%9.4883$6P2.543658 at newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...
>> Law of Selective Observation.  You're ducking the fact that the group
>> complains bitterly about C++, whereas I have no particular problem
>> with it. Why?  Because I can KISS.
>
> That's one theory.
>
> Another theory, one that is actually consistent with the data, is that
> we've learned that we could do better than what we thought that we
> were satisfied with in C++.

And then we're back to the question of specific problem domains.  You did
better in your problem domain; I don't see any reason why I'd do better in
3D graphics for what I'm working on, because I know what my dominant costs
of development are and aren't.  Basically, I'd have to hear from a 3D
graphics guy working on similar problems to mine to believe otherwise.

Python's great.  Please don't believe it's the tool for every job, or a
value add for every job.  It isn't.

20% of the world is real.