Newbie question - Python mode in SciTE ?

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 3 05:36:31 EST 2003

Henri Chorand:
> >    You can either copy the .properties files to the standard location
(IIRC
> > /usr/share/scite, but I could be wrong) or set up a SciTE_HOME
environment
> > variable to point to the properties files.
>
> Forgive me if I prefer to wait until you check this.

   Yes, it is /usr/share/scite.

> What would be the best (clean) way to define my SciTE_HOME environment
> variable?
> (where and how)
> (now this IS a newbie's question...)

   Rhymes is correct there - something in a startup file like ~/bash_profile
like:
export SciTE_HOME=~/scite
   where you have put SciTE in a directory called scite under your home
directory.

   There is a SciTE mailing list at
http://mailman.lyra.org/mailman/listinfo/scite-interest

   Neil