Zope boot on Mandrake 9

Gilles Lenfant glenfant at NOSPAM.bigfoot.com
Fri Feb 7 06:20:37 EST 2003

"mlorfeld" <tutal at msn.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
74977d59.0302061259.a24eb8d at posting.google.com...
> Once again I'm stumped.  Too much time working on Windows machines all
> day if you ask me.  Here goes:
>
> I have Zope 2.6.0 running on Mandrake 9.0.
> I do not have apache or any ftp server running as I only want to use
> the Zope server and Zope's built in FTP.
> I would like zope to run at boot time.
> I have "/usr/local/Zope/start -u root" at the end of my /etc/rc.local
> file, which seemed to work for about a day.  Now, no luck.
>
> Any ideas as to how I should go about getting zope to start at boot
> time?

Use a STUPID_LOG_FILE (see .../zope/doc/ENVIRONMENT.txt) in your start
script and look at this file after a reboot.
You'll perhaps get some more info about what's going on.

HTH

--Gilles