win32all on win95: importv win32file fails

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Feb 19 01:19:09 EST 2003

Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:

>Note sure if winsock2 is the problem, but I am fairly sure CancelIO
>doesn't exist on 95.  I'm afraid someone who cares enough will need to
>send me a patch.

You are correct: BOTH of these will be showstoppers for Windows 95.

At what point do we (and notice how I have claimed community credit for
your work, Mark...) stop supporting Win95?  Microsoft has officially given
up on it, and has even announced the end of Win98 support at the end of
2003.  The next version of Microsoft Office, for example, will not run on
Win 9X at all.

There do exist version of Python and win32all that work fine on Win95.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.