win32file.pyd Device Error on W95

Marie-Claude Savoie marie-claude.savoie at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 19 13:48:28 EST 2003

As an experiment a while ago I put Linux RH V8 on a P166.  This computer had
been used to run both W95 and NT and it performed reasonable well under
both.  Speed was not a problem under windows.

A few things that I noted when installing Linux.  The distribution was Huge.
Not very good for older computers with smaller drives.  The installation
process lasted forever and I mean forever.  Lastly, it runs like a pig and a
dead one at that.  The desktop GUI was soooo sloooow.  Applications were
slow to load and slower to run.  The machine was no longer usable.  I was
not very impressed after hearing all the hype :(

I'm sure an experienced Linux person could write a laundry list of things to
do to improve the performance, but the way I feel about it now is that W95
is a much better option.

Gordon Williams

news:b30d93126cc at enews3.newsguy.com...