help with Installer?

Lance lbrannma at cablespeed.com
Sun Feb 23 15:46:39 EST 2003

Hi All,

I'm using McMillan's Installer (www.mcmillan-inc.net).

The top of my file imports a few modules (webbrowser, fnmatch, sys, and
others).

I receive a syntax error on the first line (import webbrowser) when running

python Build.py myfile.spec

However, line 1 is probably not the problem. I created a simple test file,
foo.py, with the same import statements and a print 'hello world' as the
last and only executed line in the file, after the import statements. I had
no problems creating the executable using McMillan's Installer.

I have only two ideas. First, my program uses command line arguments. Maybe
some dummy arguments need to be supplied when running Makespec.py. Second,
the file was copied from a DOS machine and has the DOS CR\LF at the ends of
the lines.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lance