Looking for a nice CGI-related string representation module

Mike thisis at notmyemailaddress.com
Mon Feb 3 06:27:31 EST 2003

Ian Bicking wrote:

> These are spread out all over the place, like cgi.escape, various
> quoting done via DB modules, urllib, and others.  For markup you'd might
> use reST (docutils.sf.net).  There's some non-intuitive codecs as well.

> But it does take some digging up to find these.  It could be useful to
> consolidate them into a single interface.

Thanks for your help, Ian.  At the very least I now know that I'm not
missing something major.

Even just writing my previous post helped me to figure out more
definitely what I want and how I want it to work. I'll take a look at
the ones you've suggested, and maybe set aside a day or so and see if I
can come up with something more suitable than what I currently have.

Mike.