ActivePython Install problem

Gary Richardson garyr at fidalgo.net
Sat Feb 8 21:37:36 EST 2003

"Alex K. Angelopoulos" <aka at mvps.org> wrote in message
news:b24dun$187c66$1 at ID-136433.news.dfncis.de...
> Gary,
>
> There may be a problem with the installer files for 2.2.1 that you have; I
> suspect this is an issue with the MSI engine itself.  What OS version do
you
> have, and what version of the Windows Installer?  There were some issues
with an
> updated version of the MSI engine from last fall, so if you
installed/updated
> MSI support in that time frame you may have a problem with that.
>
> I'm only vaguely aware of details on this issue; one potential fix is to
attempt
> doing a forced update of the MSI engine.. :(

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded Windows Installer 2.0+ from the
ActiveState site but when I try to install it (i.e., running the file
InstMsiA.exe) I get an error message "The specified service already exists"
How would I force an update?

> --
>
> "Gary Richardson" <garyr at fidalgo.net> wrote in message
> news:v4abcibivundd at corp.supernews.com...
> > This is perhaps a question for ActiveState but since I wouldn't hear
from
> > them until Monday or Tuesday, I thought I would try here first.
> >
> > I'm trying to upgrade ActivePython on my computer from version 2.2.1 to
> > 2.2.2. I've downloaded ActivePython-2.2.2, build 224 but I am unable to
> > install it because I cannot remove version 2.2.1. Setup Wizard (invoked
from
> > Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs) hangs when I select Remove or
Repair