ternary operator vote

holger krekel pyth at devel.trillke.net
Sun Feb 9 17:45:15 EST 2003

Paul Rubin wrote:
> Christian Tismer <tismer at tismer.com> writes:
> > If you don't believe he cheats, why shouldn't he do it, then? I see
> > no difference between an opponent and a proponent performing this
> > task without cheating.
>
> I am confident that Aahz will not cheat.  However, cheating is much
> different than (consciously or unconsciously) setting up the rules to
> favor one outcome.  That's why these things are best done by neutral
> parties.

what i consider more critical is e.g. that someone posted to a Zope-list
saying that Zope could greatly make use of PEP-308 so everybody
should just vote for it.

Next somebody comes up with posting to comp.lang.* saying:
here is a really good opportunity to knock out a competitor :-)

Just keep it going so that we can at least win the february
statistics for news-group activity.  For that matter we should
make everybody vote to the list and let people comment on the
votes.  We could even make it to CNN this way ...

... key players in the software industry realized the high potential
of the dot.py boom as Google declared the impossibility of tracking
the various too fast evolving threads of .py development ...

    holger