Dr. Dobb's Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (Feb 24)

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 26 10:00:14 EST 2003

Nick Vargish wrote:
> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:
>

>>Oh god!  Not comp.object.  _Anything_ but comp.object. :-(

[...]

> Basically, there's a bunch of people there with strongly-held beliefs,
> and any attempt at discussion will be considered an attempt to
> barbeque their personal sacred cows.

:-)
I feel sorry for their apparent diminished social and
human-interaction capabilities. Is there a name for this illness?

It reminds me of my recent experience on comp.databases.oracle with
a certain individual there. See the "spirit of this newsgroup" thread.

Irmen de Jong