OT: Top Posting

Wojtek Walczak gminick at hacker.pl
Sat Feb 8 02:27:27 EST 2003

Dnia Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:28:08 -0800, David LeBlanc napisał(a):
> [...]
...those lines above are rude and useless too...

> I've never quite understood why it's considered rude to top-post, especially
> given that most people quote emails verbatim in their reply. I already read
> that, and I want the new stuff - why scroll past the old stuff to get to the
> new stuff? It does make sense to embed responses when you're responding to
> something point by point, but that's not always the form of a reply.
Well, when you're (I mean - anybody ;)) reading lots of threads in the same
time, sometimes you can forget what's the case in that concrete response.
If it's top-posted then you need to go below to read those ugly uncut messages
and then go back and here's the waste of time. When someone leaves just
a piece of text above, it's (in most cases) a great reminder.
That's my way of looking at top-posting, but except of that I like order
(at least when using a computer ;)), traditions and besides of that, simply,
a good taste.

EOT - it was discussed billions of times.

--
[ ] gminick (at) underground.org.pl  http://gminick.linuxsecurity.pl/ [ ]
[ "Po prostu lubie poranna samotnosc, bo wtedy kawa smakuje najlepiej." ]