PEP 308: ternary operator

Carl Banks imbosol-1045866568 at aerojockey.com
Fri Feb 21 18:08:14 EST 2003

Peter Hansen wrote:
> sismex01 at hebmex.com wrote:
>>
>> OTOH, there's something to be said about helping to keep
>> our favorite coding language/environment pollution-free,
>> while helping evolve.
>>
>> Dont'cha think?
>
> I have to agree.  So far, very few (perhaps none... I'm still thinking
> about it) of the proposals "feel like Python" to me.  In fact, I'm
> tempted to say only Guido's original feels like Python, and I think I'm
> sitting on the fence between voting "no to any change" and "yes only
> to the original" in spite of my concern about the order of operands
> in the original.

But you're not really disagreeing with my point.  Whether there is a
conditional operator in Python is an important question.  What the
syntax is is irrelevent, to me, and seeing people's reasons for
preferring one syntax over another is rather amusing because most of
the reasons are so baseless and whimsical.

--
CARL BANKS