python + sapdb = (-:

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 25 01:45:12 EST 2003

<sismex01 at hebmex.com> wrote in message
> Ahh, so you've discovered them...
>
> SAPdb seems to be one of the best-kept secrets
> in the open source database environment, and
> I don't know why, since for most purposes it
> gives Oracle a run for their money

Does SAPdb store large objects?  As far as I could tell from the docs,
there's
neither BLOB nor CLOB support.  I need to store multi-megabyte strings
and retrieve portions at a time through substr.

There also doesn't appear to be support for any sort of cartridge
support -- the ability to add my own data types and functions in
the server and even have them work with the optimizer.

Is this correct?

                    Andrew
                    dalke at dalkescientific.com