newbie boost building question

Mark Higgins mghiggins2003 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 16 22:29:48 EST 2003

Mark Higgins wrote:
> I'm trying to build boost_python on cygwin without much luck, and was
> hoping to get some help here after failing to find answers via googling.

A bit more info... I've now created /usr/local/python and softlinked
dirs for bin/, libs/, Lib/, and include/ in there. It still doesn't
work. I've tried bjam -sTOOLS=gcc -d5 to get some extra debugging info,
but I'm still a little confused. python.jam has a line like

local stdlibs = [ GLOB $(PYTHON_STDLIB_PATH) : '*.py' ] ;

which evaluates to

GLOB /usr/local/python/Lib : *.py
local stdlibs =

stdlibs comes up empty, which stops the boost_python build. What does
GLOB do? There certainly are files matching *.py in /usr/local/python/Lib.