why static methods?

Christian Tanzer tanzer at swing.co.at
Thu Feb 20 12:30:14 EST 2003

Uwe Schmitt <uwe.schmitt at procoders.net> wrote:

> That is a good explanation. Can you explain the differences
> between static- and class-functions, too ?

I'm not a bot but here goes: a static function doesn't get a class as
first argument, a class function does. Therefore a class function can
use attributes of a derived class to do its job (just like a normal
method).

--
Christian Tanzer                                         tanzer at swing.co.at
Glasauergasse 32                                       Tel: +43 1 876 62 36