Python vs. C++ Builder - speed of development

Brandon Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Sun Feb 2 02:29:05 EST 2003

Laura Creighton wrote:

> I don't know about that.  I am getting the sense that he has a problem
> domain which he can define and manipulate in a nice orderly subset of
> C++ and thus doesn't fall into holes.

Yep.  I don't need more than simple inheritance right now.

> But what puzzles me is why, if
> this is the case, he insists on painting his room with a toothbrush
> :-).

Because in 3D mathematics you have to be very careful that it all works.
You build lotsa little proven toothbrushes, later they will add up to a
giant toothbrush.  Really, how do you think you're going to do game AI on an
icosahedral sphere without a strong mathematical foundation?

> C++ is the tool to get out when you need to get real close to the
> machine, and you need classes.

Hey, bingo!  You've understood my 3D graphics case use.

20% of the world is real.