keypressed...

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Mon Feb 10 01:16:04 EST 2003

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 05:54:19AM +0100, gabor wrote:
> [snip]
> well... at the end i'll have to port it to some graphics-toolkit, so i
> don't want to be tied to an ascii-gui too much ...
> gabor

  I would think porting a program that uses "curses gui" to a "true" GUI
toolkit would be easier than porting a program with no interactive UI.  At
least for me, this would be because using curses would force me to keep the
input/output code abstracted away from the real program logic, thus making
the switch to another GUI toolkit as easy as reimplementing some specified
interface.

  Jp

--
C/C++/Java/Perl/Python/Smalltalk/PHP/ASP/XML/Linux (User+Admin)
Genetic Algorithms/Genetic Programming/Neural Networks