Strange, simple Jython problem

Clueless Chris chris at ooc2000.com
Thu Feb 20 15:42:31 EST 2003

Hi all,

I'm an experienced Java guy who's messing around with Java a little. I
can call regular Java classes just fine, such as Math.random() to get
a random number -- the "Hello World" of Jython programs -- but calling
my own classes, it complains that I'm an argument short. I get syntax
errors saying "expecting 3 args; got 2", etc etc. I assume this is a
'this' issue, especially since when I try giving it a 3rd arg, it
complains that my first arg, saying "self can't be coerced to" and
then the type of the arg I tried to pass in.

What's strange is that the normal JDK classes work fine.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
CC